A native of McLean, Virginia, Charisse has been cultivating authentic professional and personal relationships throughout the Washington, DC area for 40+ years. Charisse’s active involvement in her church, children’s schools, philanthropic endeavors, and real estate background have rewarded her with unique and invaluable insight into the local community.
Charisse’s passion for real estate is innate, and her personal experience in property investment, residential design, and construction is extensive. She insists that strategy matters – employing creative, thoughtful approaches unique to each property and client. Charisse “never stops” when it comes to researching market trends, identifying a good investment or simply finding “the perfect home” for a dear friend.
After college, Charisse returned to her beloved hometown under the employ of Hayes, Domenici and Nunn, a public relations and special events firm. Her business acumen, savvy, and expansive personal network quickly landed her on Washington Life Magazine's radar, where she was appointed Editor-In-Chief of the D.C. Metro area's premiere insider's guide to power, philanthropy, and society. Responsible for marketing the publication, negotiating crucial advertising deals, and connecting with local leaders and readers, the fledgling publication flourished under Charisse's tenure, enjoying increased distribution and profitability.
While her family would argue that her interest in local real estate is all-consuming these days, when she's not scouting residential properties, investment opportunities, or negotiating on behalf of her clients, Charisse pledges time to carpooling her children throughout the DC area, volunteering at her church, fundraising for a favorite non-profit, or playing tennis with friends and family.
Community involvement past and present:
- McLean Community Center – Board Member & Communications Chair
- The Potomac School – Grandparent’s Day Co-Chair, Sunshine Committee Chair, Class Parent Representative, Welcoming Committee Co-Chair, Library Volunteer, Career Day Speaker
- Trinity Christian School – Auction Committee, Varsity Tennis Parent Representative/Coordinator
- Montessori School of McLean – Class Representative, Auction Co-Chair, PA Treasurer
- Arlington Free Clinic – Bites & Blues Event Co-Chair
- McLean Presbyterian Church – Sunday School & Vacation Bible School Teacher, MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) Hospitality Co-Chair
- Doorstep Ministries – Board Member & Secretary
- McLean Bible Church – Community Bible Study & Mothering Matters